Saturday, March 22, 2008

Off the beaten track tour 1 - Tamworth


Well into the tour named above and I thought I would say a few words. The provinces have not let us down, there is truly an audience for live music in every town on these fair isles. Things are looking up.

It is always hard to know how your band is doing until you get on the road and start talking to people and see the looks on their faces. It has been fully worth while leaving the metropolitan centers of the UK and trying some new places out.

Last night was Tamworth and it was eventful. During an awkward silence on stage due to some bass problems I was left with the daunting task of time filling. I started with a half arsed attempt to engage the audience in a conversation about Tamworth, then I resorted to my favorite "slag off the house of Lords" technique. Tom was pretty frustrated by the technical issues he was having and I just kept ripping into him. It was a first for the Young knives; Tom chucked his bass on the floor and left the stage. Ollie and me looked at each other in horror and i had to chase him off and apologise for the ribbing. He gave me a verbal wrning and we got on with the show. Apparently this was quite good to watch but at the time I thought that we had properly screwed it up.

So drama averted and we are all friends again.

I wanted to add a quick "big up" for the support act "Ungdomskulen". They have been so on form and are one of the best live acts around so check them.

Today is Swansea. I will report later.

Henry

No comments: