Sunday, March 23, 2008

Off the beaten track tour 2 - Swansea

Swansea is a nice place. I always think of it as being a bit grim and there being loads of council estates with horses being kept in back gardens. I guess that there is some of that, and even thats quite cool. I am learning on this tour that there is a lot about these islands that i don't really know about. Of course we are seeing loads of clubs and the same high street in every town, but there is some good shit out there. One thing is definitely true, there isn't a lot of glamour. But then who gives a monkeys about that. I am in danger of saying something middle class and awful about it being "real" out there, so I won't.

Any way, the Swansea gig was awesome. We had a brilliant band first on called Blue Wall: www.myspace.com/bluewallmusic.
Check them out, lots of good tunes and a really interesting down beat sort of delivery, a bit Lloyd Cole or Talking heads I thought.

Ungdomskulen where a bit angry today - they had received bad service in a restaurant in Swansea. I think they looked like the kind of people that the restaurateur definitely didn't want in his establishment. It made for an intense and exciting set. I got over excited.

I am writing this from Whelan's in Dublin - A very rapid ferry journey from Pembroke last night which I didn't even notice asleep in my bunk. I think it's technically illegal to stay in your vehicle in a ferry but I am a rebel.

Whelan's is an amazing place (as is Dublin), not very off the beaten track but there are some exceptions on this tour.

I will try to get Tom and Ollie to contribute to this too but I can't promise anything.
Henry

No comments: