Friday, March 28, 2008

Off the beaten track tour 5 - Leicester

I didn't get a chance to do an entry for Wrexham's show. It was good. There you go, a resounding success.

Leicester was a nice trip home. Mum and Dad came to watch and they even enjoyed Undgomskulen, although Dad said that it made his teeth loose! Mum brought flapjack for the bus, she makes good flapjack.

I went for a wander round Leicester too. I got accosted by a fan who was also a charity mugger. I can't deal with that, that's too many conflicting feelings. Yes, I want to be nice to a fan of the band but no, I do not want to be engaged in conversation about signing something to give money every month. Not that I have anything against the principle, I just don't like the approach. Any way, I dealt with it in my own very special brand of bumbling englishness.
I am a fan of charity but I am suspicious of charities, if you know what I mean.

Today I am in Crewe. Wow! It's a bit like Didcot, and Wrexham. It is also raining which doesn't help the ambiance. One good thing is that there are loads of Charity shops here, and we need charity shops. We went shopping for clothes this morning, they are for the turn tail video shoot. I don't want to give too much away but we will be eating each other's clothes in this one. That's it, that's all I'm saying.

The m club in Crewe is big, and as I sit here in the sound check I can confirm that it is probably the best sounding gig we have been in. I hope that the ticket sales for tonight are good, we haven't heard what they are yet. Could this be the town that lets us down. I'll let you know.

Henry x

5 comments:

Beryl30 said...

I hate chuggers. I'm not even polite to them, they annoy me that much. I support charity in my own way. I dont need to be acosted on the street by an eighteen year old who looks like they've just stepped off a Milan catwalk into their "street" clothes. Have you ever seen a chugger who is ugly, old or fat?? Why they actually choose that job, god only knows. Give me the good old charity shop anyday. Chuggers can't provide me with as much Chas and Dave vinyl as a charity shop. Bloody chuggers.

Anonymous said...

Beryl loves the word chuggers, eh!?

Come back.
We miss you.

Unknown said...

Now I know why my chugger application was turned down. Being ugly, fat AND old obviously didn't help me.

I must admit, I've never been accosted by a chugger. I must look:
a) too poor
b) too scary
c) too ugly, fat and old
d) don't go into town enough

I've obvioulsy not missed much.

Love to all

Beryl30 said...

Yeah CHUGGERS love the word, hate what it means!

Unknown said...

Big up the Harlech Castle!!