Monday, March 24, 2008

Off the beaten track tour 3 - Dublin

Dublin is always a great place to be. And Whelan's is just a brilliant venue. I managed to stay the whole nine yards and get pretty smashed on Bulmers. I threw some dance floor moved with Kristian, Øyvind and Frode from Ungdomskulen. It's amazing how long I can dance for after 3 pints and a full hour and twenty minute rock show.

No real time to see anything of the city today, the curse of the touring band. I did get to watch 300 on the bus as we were driving in. Thats a funny film.

Had the most revolting Jury's inn breakfast this morning and then headed to Belfast. Day off tomorrow so I might have a couple of Margaritas tonight, then again.

Oh, and the Dublin show was good too - might get a bit sick of saying what the show was like every day, but every good one is a steop towards rock Nirvana. I read the BBC review of Superabundance today and it annoyed me, even though it said we were good it sounded sarcastic. I normally don't read our press but I had a lapse.

Tom and I have been thinking about the next album and we had an acoustic Jam on the bus today. Yes we just love to jam man. We are definitley veering towards less pop songs, but knowing us we will make it poppy, even if we think we are being Beefheart. When we finish the tour we are going to have a couple of weeks in our studio before we go to europe. It will be nice to mess about for a while without practicing songs etc. Its funny that our way of relaxing is to play music too, I think I need a new hobby.

Laters yeah.
Henry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the whelan's gig, it was better even than you said, and you all seemed to enjoy yourselves. Please come again soon etc etc don't be deterred by the breakfast....

Beryl30 said...

As a new hobby, may I suggest cloud spotting? Its fun, relaxing and there's even a club, where you geta badge and members certificate!
Here's the link!
http://www.cloudappreciationsociety.org/attention/

Lots of love, Beryl xx