Thursday, April 24, 2008

Italia

Hello Dudes and dudettes,

Italy is not proving to be the most reliable place for working internet so I am reduced to sitting on some steps in Bologna and bumming a connection of some office or other. It is however, one smashing place to be doing gigs. The days are long and warm, the Wisteria is in full bloom and stinks of summer and the band and it's associated employ are in high and gushing spirits. Oooh, it gets me all poetic you see. I spent some time sitting in an ancient hillside garden yesterday, Mr Lizard was basking on the worn red bricks and I drank 4000 bottles of Peroni. The gig was in a scout hut and there was at least 80 people in there, but it was really quite good fun. The adience did this thing where they looked really excited but didn't say very much at all. When we left the stage they fell silent very quickly after a short burst of rapturous applause. I looked at them and they at me, they just looked and smiled. Then I realised that they did really want an encore, they just didn't quite know how to say it. One guy just walked over to me and said "look, they want more, you must play more". Tom had already gone back to the dressing room so Jimmy went of to get him. I think we should call Norris and see if we have an official entry for the Guiness book of records for the longest gap between the main show and the Encore. I think Norris would only alow it with an invigilator present but we can dream.

We also made up a new game last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1NaHNFTX0I

"The most dangerous thing in the world is bored people."
Henry Dartnall (his blog, 24th April 2008).

I am going to make some more proper video soon too. I never have the camera on me when good stuff happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Henry,
I was at the “scout hut” (lol, it fit very well the Limonaia in Fucecchio!) Wednesday night and all I can say is that the gig has been amazing. I was waiting impatient for that night and the gig really come up my expectation. Actually it goes further!
You guys are great musicians, and also nice and funny people. I would have liked to have a little chit-chat with you, but I don’t know why I felt shy meanwhile you and the other guys walked around the place, that’s strange for me because usually I’m more natural. I just asked for a pic and I couldn’t do anything more! Maybe the next time I’ll be able to say to your face how much I like your music and how much I enjoyed the show.
I really hope that you’ll came back to Italy soon, thanks again for the amazing night.
Hugs!
Eleonora

ps: here’s the picture… I look awful, but I love it! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tremandy/2438032898/

Beryl30 said...

Thats a fab pick! Maybe you were scare of Olly's beard? Its huge and I wouldn't blame you for being a bit worried.

Wee'd meself laughing at the chair curling!!

T.P. said...

Good luck on your tour, but what happened to the US dates in June!?! I was excited to see you lined up a show in my home town of Baltimore, but now all signs of you guys have vanished!
Love Voices of Animals and Men and what I've heard from the new disc. Hope you make it over soon!

Isaac Ashe said...

Hello,

I saw you play at the Venture Theatre in Ashby last night.

You absolutely rocked – I haven't been that sweaty in ages.

Do come back soon, the Zouch misses you.

Isaac.